Monday 20 May 2013

Runways Phoenix Park Duathlon

On the first Wednesday of May, June, July and August the Phoenix Park Duathlon is ran. I took part in the first one in May and it was a great experience. It was also my first Duathlon. The weather was great so it made the evening really enjoyable. The course is largely flat (fast) for the run and the cycle is a bit hilly taking in the hills at the back of the Magazine Fort and St Marys hospital. Here are some pictures of the evening.



Paddy and myself talking pre race tactics!













And we're off, a 2.7k run to get warmed up! Some of the people here were really fast. I think I started a bit quick here as I thought I was about to blow up about 1k in. Luckily I came back from that by slowing up a bit.


Cycling by transition with the Dublin mountains in the background.  3 laps totaling 13k, I managed to push hard here and make up a few places I lost during the run.






 Out for the final 2.7k, feeling good but not for long, I got a bad stitch which slowed me up about halfway around.

The finish! Time to collect my result and a well earned drink!

The Duathlon was ran really well and I'll do another one, for anybody looking to do a Triathlon this is great experience for what a race feels like and helps you to judge and develop your pacing. Anyway, what else would you be doing on a Wednesday evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment