Thursday 14 March 2013

Ouch, but worth it.

Today is my rest day, After a lot of training some of my muscles are getting tight. This is despite lots of stretching and foam rolling. For me that means it's time to go to my Physical Therapist. No not Physiotherapist. There's a few differences between the Two, but the main one is Physical Therapy really focuses on hands on treatment of the soft tissues - muscles, tendons ligaments and fascia. When I go, I know it's going to be sore, fist clenching stuff, but tissue is sore when it gets rubbed out, especially the IT band, that's just the way it is. It's really just about the result though, afterwards my muscles feel great. I had my legs and back rubbed out because these get a lot of use in triathlon. So, why did I go if I wasn't injured? Simple, I don't want to get injured. Prevention is better than cure in my book and keeping my muscles in good condition helps with that. So yes, it was sore, but if I can stay injury free it'll definitely be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Your way of describing the whole thing in this article is genuinely fastidious, all be
    able to effortlessly understand it, Thanks a lot.

    My web blog :: video-series.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your post.
    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.


    Take a look at my web-site ... surprisezone.com

    ReplyDelete