Sunday 10 March 2013

Triathlon Training for this Week (March 11th)




Great week of training last week to get me back on track. The weather didn't help but I'm glad I did it. I'm just after my Sunday run now and feel great. We did 2 mile warm up and then 6 x 3/4 mile efforts with 2 minute rest, then a 1 mile warm down. The muck on the trails is slippery as hell which makes running slow but its good for strengthening the legs. This is what my training looks like for the coming week. Hopefully the weather holds up so I can get an enjoyable week in.
Monday: Swimming with Activ Multisport in the N.A.C. Swim Sets 2500 m+

Tuesday: 5 k Run, Medium pace. 20 mins Stretching and foam Rolling.

Wednesday: Brick Session: Cycle 40 k, Dublin City Tri Course, Medium pace. Straight into 5 k run, relaxed pace. 20 mins stretching and foam rolling.


Thursday: Rest Day


Friday: Swim 2000 m. WU, 200 m easy. Main Set, 16 x 100 m fast with 30 seconds rest. WD, 200 m easy.


Sat: Bike 2.5 hours, 40 k easy pace. Speed Work, 8 x 1 k sprint efforts with 4 minutes rest. WD, 10 mins spinning easy gear. 20 mins stretching and foam rolling.


Sun: Run 1 hour +. All on hilly trails. WU, 2 k easy. Main Set, 6 x 1000 m fast with 2 mins rest. WD 2 k comfortable. 15 mins stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment